you thought you were fed up with flash mobs? try being the guy on a plane returning to his seat only to run into the ballet troupe from kanye west’s australian tour doing their “runaway” routine 30,000 feet up in the air. dopeness personified.
from seemingly nowhere amongst the “i don’t likes” and “mercys” of g.o.o.d. music comes a video from the super sad “lost in the world,” from yeezy’s MBDTF. filmmaker ruth hogben put together a stroby video for the album closer, in which you never see yeezy’s face apparently.
the original video leaked back in december before all of the lights officially dropped. randomly, in the beginning of june, we have the official release and the first new breaths in kanye’s reportoire since h.a.m. or that shitty ass E.T. remix. regardless, the video’s completely different from the original. ye’s got the exclusive stream of his own video…so yeah.
unsure of whether or not yeezy has plans to shoot a video for this song (he probably doesn’t), ross went ahead and made a video for his flawless contribution to MBDTF. however, i do wish the guy got a stretch limo and wore a black tux with lavender shoes. i mean he’s rapping about it, so why is there a maybach and a track suit? just nitpickin’.
well, for the 550 lucky folks in nyc, the bowery ballroom show was one for the ages. smallest venue ever to house the names from his entire label, justin vernon, diddy, swizz beatz, nicki minaj, rawse, donald glover, questlove, aziz ansari, and probably A SHIT TON of other people on twitter who i didn’t happen to catch cool bragging about this shit.
anyway, rest of the videos after the cut. i know he performed the whole record, but i’d like footage of that as well. the best video is a 9 minute rant, which’ll be the first clip, followed by the rest of the performances.
well, the itunes version’s here, now with a brand new big sean verse to fill that entire space where they had uncle charlie go crazy on that shit. still not huge on this song’s wack ass beat, but the entire bit sounds much better.
huge props to fakeshoredrive for this one. they were nice enough to gather all of the songs sampled on yeezy’s latest opus for everyone to enjoy and indulge in a quick history lesson with.
1. Mike Oldfield – “In High Places” (Dark Fantasy)
2. The Turtles – “You Showed Me” (Gorgeous)
3. Cold Grits – “It’s Your Thing” (Power)
4. King Crimson – “21st Century Schizoid Man” (Power)
5. Continent No. 6 – “Afromerica” (Power)
6. Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – “You” (So Appalled)
7. Smokey Robinson – ‘Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” (Devil In A New Dress)
8. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth – “The Basment” (Runaway)
9. The Mojo Men – “She’s My Baby” (Hell Of A Life)
10. Black Sabbath – “Iron Man” (Hell Of A Life)
11. Aphex Twin – “Avril 14th” (Blame Game)
12. Bon Iver – “Woods” (Lost In The World)
13. Manu Dibango – “Soul Makossa” (Lost In The World)
14. Lyn Collins – “Think” (Lost In The World)
15. Gil-Scott Heron – “Comment #1″ (Lost In The World)
16. Backyard Heavies – “Expo ’83″ (Runaway)
17. Tony Joe White – “Stud-Spider” (Hell Of A Life)
yet ANOTHER tracklisting. now with a third rumored cover (ed note: i like this one the best, even though i hate that hideous magenta/fuchsia/red/ugly border) and a ross feature on “devil in a new dress.”
1. Dark Fantasy
2. Gorgeous f. Kid Cudi & Raekwon
3. Power f. Dwele
4. All Of the Lights (Interlude)
5. All Of the Lights f. Alicia Keys, Charlie Wilson, Elly Jackson, Elton John, Fergie, John Legend, Kid Cudi, Rihanna, Ryan Leslie, The-Dream & Tony Williams
6. Monster f. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver
7. So Appalled f. Jay-Z, Pusha T, Cyhi Da Prynce, Swizz Beatz & RZA
8. Devil In A New Dress feat. Rick Ross
9. Runaway f. Pusha T
10. Hell Of A Life
11. Blame Game f. John Legend
12. Lost In The World
13. Who Will Survive In America?
14. See Me Now [Bonus Track]
remember this thing a few months back on the bet awards? well you’ve waited patiently and now we have for you a cdq, applause-free version of the g.o.o.d. music cypher featuring kanye west, pusha t, big sean, cyhi da prince and common. grab it below.
after runaway aired on mtv this past saturday, kanye sat down with sway to talk about the film, selita ebanks, g.o.o.d. fridays, his return to music post kanye-gate, and his upcoming project with jay z that is now a full fledged album called watch the throne. that man is working 36 hours a day, 12 days a week. listen!! that’s the sound of someone’s child getting excited! did you hear it?! you gotta listen like me.
you can check that out by heading to mtv.com or clicking down below.
here’s the audio from the “power” remix that ye performed on his mpc 2000 on his runaway short film. it’s all samples and strings and pretty damn dramatic.
this will be the official album artwork for the deluxe version of my beautiful dark twisted fantasy if purchased via itunes. it comes updated with the bonus track “see me now,” as well as the runaway film.
if you’re reading this website than i assume you did your civic duty and tuned in to the kanye’s directorial, writing, and starring vehicle runaway last night on one of the three major music channel outlets that aired it. filled with 9 songs from the upcoming album, a theme of discrimination, model/feathered sex goddess selita ebanks, and kanye’s usual eye for the avant garde, runaway was, as the album title implies: a beautiful, dark, twisted fantasy.
also for those of you living under a rock, the man of the hour surprised all last night at the brooklyn bowl by making an appearance at the fool’s gold 3 year anniversary party. being introduced by his former dj and owner/founder of fool’s gold, a-trak, kanye came out to perform a mini set consisting of songs from my beautiful dark twisted fantasy to the hysterical masses. hit the jump for videos of “so appalled,” “monster,” “power,” “devil in a new dress,” and “runaway.”